Barry Campbell made it official on Friday, Jan. 31. After eight seasons as head football coach and athletic coordinator at Kingwood High School, he is stepping down to join the football staff at Belton High School.

Campbell will join the new coaching staff of former Ridge Point Head Coach Brent Sniffen at the Central Texas school.

"I’m stepping down as Head Coach at Kingwood," Campbell posted on Twitter. "Moving to coach at Belton."

Campbell will help coordinate the offense at Belton under Sniffen after posting a 44-44 record as head coach at Kingwood. In his eight seasons, the Mustangs made six playoff appearances, winning three.

"I’ve had an exceptional time working at Humble ISD and Kingwood High School," Campbell posted. "I’m so appreciative of the support that we’ve had from our admin and our community. So thankful for the opportunity to coach Kingwood Mustang football. We’ve been through some amazing times and we did it with amazing players and coaches!"

Campbell helped the football program and the community navigate through Hurricane Harvey that flooded out the school and its athletic facilities in August 2017. But despite all that, he still guided the Mustangs to a 6-6 season that included a third-round playoff appearance for the first time in nearly two decades.

The Mustangs finished 5-6 in 2019 and made a fourth consecutive playoff appearance, falling 55-21 to West Brook in the first round of the postseason.

Comments (0)

There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

1. Posting comment as a guest. Sign up or login to your account.
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location