After a 5-4 defeat last Tuesday night at the hands of Tomball Memorial in an out-of-district game, the Atascocita Eagles baseball team, sitting at 10-6 and 0-2 in District 22-6A play, needed a spark.

Against Sam Rayburn, they got it.

That spark came in the form of two wins by a combined score of 22-1 which got the Eagles back to 2-2 in district play.

Last Friday night in particular, the Eagles got off to a very hot start.

They scored nine runs in the very first inning; Tyler Byrd got the scoring started with an RBI single. He was followed by a Caleb Cannon two-run double, and a Dylan Ivey RBI single.

Later in the inning, a wild pitch brought home a run, and then the Eagles finished with a flourish, as Brice Matthews added a three run triple and Clay Bradford added an RBI single. In all, it was a nine run first inning.

In the next three innings, the Eagles added two more runs each; Jordon Ginn and Steven Cortina came up with RBIs in the second, and then Cortina added two more RBIs on a triple in the third.

This capped off the scoring in a 15-0 Eagles victory.

Saturday at Sam Rayburn was much the same script; the Eagles scored three in the first and two in the third and cruised to a 7-1 win.

SUMMER CREEK

Elsewhere in 22-6A, the Summer Creek Bulldogs continued their solid start to the season, as they defeated Pasadena Dobie this week 7-1. The Bulldogs moved into a tie with Dobie for second place in the district.

This week, the Eagles play two games against South Houston; Tuesday they are on the road at the Trojans, with Friday’s matchup at home. The Bulldogs meet Pasadena this week, with Tuesday’s game at home and Friday’s game away.

Erich Eisenach
Author: Erich EisenachEmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I am proud to be this area’s Tribune Newspaper voice for Humble, Atascocita, Kingwood, Kingwood Park and Summer Creek High School athletics, a capacity I have served in since the fall of 2011. High school sports are something I have grown to love since I started in this position, watching young kids live out their dreams in competition throughout the area and throughout the state. My greatest thrill in this position was being on Floor Eight at NRG Stadium in December of 2016 when Atascocita High School qualified for the state football semifinals for the first time. Aside from reporting sports, I am a regular parishioner of St. Martha Catholic Church of Kingwood. I am also a two-time graduate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s College of Journalism and Mass Communications, and am a proud, but realistic, Nebraska Cornhuskers supporter. I do root for Houston’s local sports teams, but the Huskers are my team forever.

Comments (0)

There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

1. Posting comment as a guest. Sign up or login to your account.
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location