Humble ISD golf coaches and players presented the school board with a check for $50,000 at the Sept. 11 board meeting.
The Humble ISD Golf Classic was a success, selling out at 432 players. In the past nine years, the tournament has been able to raise in excess of $415,000 for the district golf programs to offset costs of tournament fees, transportation and tournament housing expenses.
This year’s tournament provided funds for two Memorial Scholarships in the memory of lost teammates. Memorial Scholarship winners were Grayson Blunt and Sam LeBus from KHS. Other scholarship winners include KHS students Marybeth Bellnap and Grayson Blunt, and AHS students Ransom Jacobson and Clarke Bagsby.
The 2017-2018 accomplish-ments in the Humble ISD golf program include:
• KHS boys-District champs, Regional runner up, State 6th place
• KHS girls-District champs, Regional runner up, State 9th place
• AHS boys-District runner up, Regional third place, State 11th place
• AHS girls-individual qualifier for Regionals
• SCHS girls-individual qualifier for Regionals
• KPHS boys-District runner up, Regionals 6th place
• KPHS girls-District champs, Regional runner up, State 6th place
This was the first time four Humble ISD high schools were represented at the Regional tournament with seven out of the eight boys and girls programs competing. Four Humble ISD golf teams competed at the state championship.