Postseason runs ended on Friday for both Kingwood baseball and softball teams.Postseason runs ended on Friday for both Kingwood baseball and softball teams.

The Kingwood baseball team reached the region quarterfinals before falling to Clear Springs in two close games, 2-1 and 8-6 in eight innings, played at the University of Houston.

The Lady Mustangs advanced to the region semifinals and forced a third game in that series with Katy before bowing 5-1 to the Lady Tigers in the deciding game at Kingwood High School.

Sophomore Tre Richardson summed up on social media a successful and trying season for the Kingwood baseball team, which was unable to play a home game because of the damage to its field caused by Hurricane Harvey.

“I’m most down about the fact that I won’t ever play with some of closest friends ever again,” Richardson posted on his instagram account.“I love everyone on this team as if we’re brothers, and I thank the lord that he blessed me with this experience. Thank you to the students, parents, and staff of Kingwood hs as well as the supporters we had from all over the city and state that followed us on this long ride.”

Richardson had three of Kingwood’s seven hits in the season finale while senior Austin Flematti drove in three runs. The Mustangs finish the 2018 season with a record of 28-7-2.

The Lady Mustangs completed a 33-11 season when Katy scored four times in the fourth inning to advance to the region finals.

It was the second game played on Friday because Kingwood tied the best-of-three series with a 12-10 win earlier in the day to even the series. Katy won the series opener, 4-0, on Thursday before the Lady Mustangs bats came alive.

Kingwood scored five runs in the first inning and added six more in the fifth to even the series. Madison Lindsey drove in three runs and got the victory in the circle, throwing six innings while striking out four. Amanda Cleaver added two RBIs in the win.

Comments (0)

There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

1. Posting comment as a guest. Sign up or login to your account.
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location