World Champion Raul Marquez Boxing and Fitness Gym on Wilson Road in Humble is a family-owned boxing gym and home to one of Humble’s very own professional athletes.

Professional welterweight boxer Arturo Marquez, 20, spends most of his time there training the day away. He is signed to Top Rank Boxing and is on an impressive winning streak at the beginning of his career.
With boxing and winning in his blood, Marquez is no stranger to success. His father, Raul Marquez, is a former junior middleweight titlist and a current Showtime analyst who has inspired Arturo in his career. “Boxing has always been in the family, and once I got into it, I knew this was something I wanted to do for a living. Now that I have a baby girl on the way, it motivates me to work even harder so I can support her and be able to give her a good life,” said Arturo.
With his eighth consecutive win in the ring under his belt, Marquez is spending more time than ever in his dad’s gym, working day and night to perfect his technique.
“I’m very dedicated and work hard in the gym, which shows in my fights,” he said. “My biggest challenge in training, I would have to say, is cutting weight. I would say that’s every boxer’s most difficult challenge, especially the last week before weigh-ins. In the ring, every fight is different and my opponents always have different styles of fighting, so I sometimes have to make adjustments when things aren’t going my way; sometimes it may be easy and other times not.”
Marquez and his girlfriend, Rose Ramos, are expecting their first child later this month.
“Rose supports me 100 percent and I couldn’t thank her enough for that. We are both ready for her to be here so we can love on her and spend time with her, ” Marquez said.
The couple will be starting a YouTube channel following his boxing career and brand new path as a father. There will be live footage of his training techniques as well as multiple snippets of upcoming fights featured in these vlogs. For more information on “El Diamante’s” journey in the ring, visit their YouTube channel youtube.com/channel/arturosevlogs NOT ACTIVE YET. There is also a video his father Raul posted in March of 2016 showing him making his professional debut at youtube.com/watch?v=yFOpjN5SfR4.

Comments (0)

There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

1. Posting comment as a guest. Sign up or login to your account.
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location