The Kingwood varsity Lady Mustangs soccer team trumped North Shore 7-0 Tuesday night on the road.

The Mustangs came alive in minute 11 after senior Hannah Bodron scored off a corner kick taken by junior Fiona Zimmerman.  Senior Amanda Poppell scored the next goal from an early cross by Zimmerman. On the ensuing North Shore kickoff, Poppell stole the ball, played an early pass into sophomore Colleen Feagins that Feagins trapped and shot from about 40 yards from the goal, bringing the halftime score to 3-0.

Fifteen minutes into the second half, the Mustangs were awarded an indirect free kick just outside the box.  Sophomore Cat Childs touched the ball to senior Cora Barker who smashed it into the net past the keeper. 

Five minutes later, Barker found freshman Emma Ebert with a pass just outside the box that she shot and scored, bringing the score to 5-0.

With only 15 minutes remaining, Zimmerman took another corner kick that junior Rachel Guilfoyle was able to sneak past the goalkeeper.  Guilfoyle scored again with 10 minutes left on a cross by Bodron.

The Mustangs next face Summer Creek on Friday at home.

Bryan Kimbro
Author: Bryan KimbroEmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I am a sixth-generation Texan and lifelong Houstonian. I have held various positions at The Tribune since beginning in 2009. I am currently pursuing my master's degree in professional writing at the University of Houston.

Comments (0)

There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

1. Posting comment as a guest. Sign up or login to your account.
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location