Atascocita High School sophomore Kenyon Green verbally committed to play football at Louisiana State University on Sunday, Dec. 11, after receiving an offer from the Tigers. 

“[Receiving the offer] was an awesome feeling,” Green said. “[I chose to commit to LSU because] it’s my dream school. 

The 6-foot 5-inch, 300-pound offensive tackle is a five-star recruit for the class of 2019, according to 247Sports.com. 

Green learned about the offer after the conclusion of the Eagles’ state semi-final against Lake Travis. 

“My parents surprised me after our playoff game,” Green said. “It was an awesome feeling; when I first heard, my mind was blown. I just got on my knees and thanked God for everything.” 

Despite being a five-star recruit, Green only holds one offer, LSU. However, offers are likely to pour in this coming off-season as Green is expected to be one of Texas’ top recruits in the years to come.

LSU verbal commit and Atascocita sophomore Kenyon Green pumping up the crowd in Atascocita’s playoff game versus North Shore at NRG Stadium.

After a down season for the Tigers in 2016, which included the firing of Head Coach Les Miles after a 12-year tenure at LSU, it was announced by the school on Nov. 26 that Interim Coach Ed Orgeron had been promoted to full-time coach of the Tigers.

“I met Coach O before their offer,” Green said. “I was excited when they announced that he would be the head coach.” 

Green is not the only Atascocita player who is committed to play sports at the Division I-FBS level. Senior offensive lineman Sam Cosmi is committed to play football at the University of Houston. Along with Cosmi, senior wide receiver Alerick Soularie is committed to the University of Arkansas to play baseball. 

“[All of the commits show that] Atascocita has a lot of talent,” Green added.

Comments (0)

There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

1. Posting comment as a guest. Sign up or login to your account.
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location