In preparation for the Shell Houston Open golf tournament at Redstone Golf Club, Dr. Travis Fox arrived in town to offer golfers a few last minute techniques designed to help them play their best game. “Hypnotherapy won’t make a great golfer out of someone who is not,” said Fox, “But it will help a golfer to play his best game.” Fox said he has been golfing since he was five years old. He said he played collegiate golf and even tried his hand at professional golf. “That lasted about six weeks,” said Fox. “Then my father told me it was time to return to school.” Fox said that he knew golf was, in large part, a mental game and that in the end, his interest in the conscious and the unconscious brain led him to study clinical hypnotherapy. “I then spent 15 years working with hypnosis. I worked with smokers, those who had phobias and those who wanted weight loss.” “I believe that 95 percent of golf is mental,” said Fox. “Yet, most golfers spend 95 percent of their time working on the physical aspects of golf.” Fox said that he has filed for an intellectual property patent for his method of teaching a person to consistently play his best game. “I believe that those who follow these methods can improve their game three to five strokes within 30 days without physical practice,” said Fox. Fox described the process as refining a person’s automatic processes, allowing his subconscious to play the game rather than his conscious mind. “The technique is not magic,” he said. “It works with natural brain processes which make performance a habit similar to the way a person drives a car without being consciously focused on the act of driving. Fox, whose motto is, “changing golf one mind at a time,” said that he has launched the “Beat The Gogey Man Tour,” a two-year challenge to help one million “head” cases across the United States improve their mental game. To do this, Fox offers a four CD and four DVD instructional-package for the price of $149 on his Web site www.beatthebogeyman.com. Internet notes on Fox are not difficult to find. A quick Google of “Dr. Travis Fox” reveals 2,190,000 hits and interest in the area of mental golf in general is even more widespread. Googling “mental golf” produces 11,900,000 hits indicating that controversial or not, the idea of mental golf draws a crowd. Photo: Dr. Travis Fox teaches golfers how to control the mental part of their golf game. Fox was in town to help golfers prepare to play their best game for the Houston Shell Open.

Comments (0)

There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

1. Posting comment as a guest. Sign up or login to your account.
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location