Houston, TX - Council Member Dave Martin would like to make residents aware the City of Houston has launched its Homeowner Assistance Program (HoAP). The first step for residents interested in accessing the City's recovery programs is to take the Harvey Recovery Survey.
There are four upcoming mobile Hurricane Harvey recovery center events taking place in District E this month. Information regarding times and locations can be found below. The District E office is continuing to look for more opportunities and will notify the community of additional dates and locations as more information becomes available.
Intake specialists will be available at four upcoming events in District E:
- Saturday, February 9, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., at the Kingwood Branch Library, 4400 Bens View Lane, Houston, Texas 77339.
- Monday, February 11, 9:00 to 12:00 p.m., at the Edgar A. Smith Family YMCA, 14560 Galveston Road, Webster, Texas 77598.
- Saturday, February 23, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., at the Kingwood Community Center, 4102 Rustic Woods, Kingwood, Texas 77345.
- Wednesday, February 27, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Kingwood Community Center, 4102 Rustic Woods, Kingwood, Texas 77345.
If you were affected by Hurricane Harvey, please take the Harvey Recovery Survey before the upcoming events:
- Online at https://recovery.houstontx.gov
- By phone at 832-393-0550 (Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Or in person at any of the 4 new Housing Recovery Centers (HRC's)
The Recovery Survey is a tool to direct residents to the appropriate recovery program and to help the City prioritize those with urgent needs. No documentation is required to take the Recovery Survey, and it takes less than 15 minutes to complete. While priority will be given to low and moderate income homeowners, assistance is available to homeowners of all income levels. An Intake Specialist will contact you after you complete the Survey regarding next steps.
If you need assistance filling out the Survey, please call 832-393-0550 or visit one of the HRC's:
- Northeast: 9551 N. Wayside, Houston, Texas 77028
- Northwest: 13101 Northwest Freeway [Hwy. 290], Suite 101, Houston, Texas 77040
- Southwest: 6464 Savoy Drive, Suite 110, Houston, Texas 77036
- Southeast: 11550 Fuqua St., 3rd floor, Houston, Texas 77036 (in District E)
The centers are open Monday and Tuesday, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Wednesday and Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Saturday from 9:00 to 3:00 p.m. The centers are closed on Sundays. For a map, please click here.
For a map, please click here. The City received the $1.17 billion for housing recovery through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and the State of Texas General Land Office. The recovery funds include the HoAP, which offers five program options including:
- Reimbursement for completed repairs
- Homeowner-managed rehabilitation
- City-managed rehabilitation and reconstruction
- Interim mortgage assistance.
For more information, regarding this project please contact the Houston Recovery Center by calling 832-393-0550.