Harris County Precinct Four Constable Mark Herman’s Office will be out in force this Memorial Day Holiday weekend conducting a DWI Task Force in an effort to promote safe driving habits by all. The Task Force will run from May 26, 2017 to May 28, 2017. We encourage people to make the most of the warmer weather and longer days by designating a sober driver so everyone Arrives Alive. Drivers can take a variety of measures to help make certain of safe travel during the Memorial Day weekend by including the following in their holiday planning:
- Do not drink and drive.
- Slow down - especially in bad weather, construction areas, heavy traffic and unfamiliar areas.
- Eliminate distractions while driving, including the use of mobile devices.
- Buckle up everyone in the vehicle - it's the law … "Click It or Ticket”.
- Don't drive fatigued, and allow plenty of time to reach your destination.
- Drive defensively, as holiday travel may present additional challenges.
- Make sure your vehicle is properly maintained before your trip begins.
- Slow down or move over for tow trucks and police, fire, EMS and Texas Department of
Transportation vehicles stopped on the side of the road with emergency lights activated - it's the law.
The Harris County Constable Precinct Four Office will be working in conjunction with TXDOT and other area law enforcement agencies to discourage, reduce and enforce DWI violations as part of the ongoing DWI Enforcement.
Please stay safe and don’t Drink and Drive!