The 2016 John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Award has been given to six Lone Star College professors by the League for Innovation in the Community College. The award celebrates leadership and exceptional contributions made by community college faculty and staff.
“We are so proud of the accomplishments made by the winners of the 2016 John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Award,” said Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., LSC chancellor. “Lone Star College students have access to professors who continue to demonstrate a desire to go above and beyond to help their students succeed.”
The LSC professors recognized are:
- Warner B. Bair, III, professor, Biology, LSC-CyFair
- Stephanie Kelly, associate professor, History, LSC-Kingwood
- Cliff Hudder, professor, English, LSC-Montgomery
- Ellen Turnell, professor, Math, LSC-North Harris
- Sean Tiffee, professor, Speech, LSC-Tomball
- Paula Khalaf, professor, Developmental English, LSC-University Park
- Recipients will be honored during a special ceremony at the League's 19th annual Innovations conference which takes place March 12 – 15 in San Francisco. These awards are open to League Alliance member institutions to celebrate outstanding contributions and leadership by community college faculty and staff.
LSC offers opportunities not commonly associated with a community college. High-achieving students can take advantage of graduating with an Honors AA or Honors AS degree through the Honors College at LSC. Another LSC initiative is the LSC Center for Civic Engagement where students can take part in civic activities to help prepare them for life after they graduate.
Spring 2017 registration at LSC is underway with classes staring Jan. 17. Whether you are interested in earning an associate degree, or obtaining workforce education/career training, LSC has a program to help you start close and go far. Learn more by visiting LoneStar.edu.
John E. and Suanne D. Roueche have been partners and friends of the League for Innovation in the Community College for more than 35 years. What started as collaboration with the founders of the league has evolved into a partnership that focuses on projects of mutual interest and national concern. The League for Innovation in the Community College is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to catalyzing the community college movement.
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 98,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of $3.1 billion. LSC consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.