Finalists of the Lone Star College Small Business Development 2014 Small Business of the Year awards were honored during a recent luncheon.
The Lone Star College Small Business Development Center recognized the finalists for the 2014 Small Business of the Year awards at a recent luncheon held at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center.
The October luncheon is held each year in advance of the awards banquet as an additional opportunity to recognize the 18 finalists. The banquet will be Nov. 20.
This marks the 28th year in which the LSC SBDC Advisory Council has selected and recognized successful small businesses that make an impact in the local community and on the economy.
“Starting and running a small business take incredible passion and fortitude,” said Sal Mira, LSC SBDC director. “We are honored to be able to recognize these owners for their efforts in helping our local economy remain strong and vibrant.”
BBVA Compass, a leading U.S. banking franchise who has been recognized as one of the nation's leading Small Business Administration (SBA) lenders, is the title sponsor of LSC SBDC Small Business Awards.
The 2014 28th Annual Small Business of the Year finalists include:
- From LSC-CyFair – Langham Creek Ace Hardware, Chuck and Arlene O’Malley; Night Light Pediatric Urgent Care, Dr. Anastasia Gentles, Zawadi Bryant and Consuelo Cazares; AAA Plumbers, Cesar Lima and Steve Park.
- From LSC-Kingwood – Minuteman Press, Connie and Darryal Chandler; Red Door Realty & Associates, Jill Henderson and Christi Harvey; RE/MAX Rewards, Judith Hayes-Christoph.
- From LSC-Montgomery – Mr. Rooter of Montgomery County, Roger Goertz; Karlins Ramey & Tompkins, LLC, Mike Karlins and Jay Tompkins; Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers, Jesson Gil.
- From LSC-North Harris – NEUTEX Advanced Energy Group, Inc., John C. Higgins; Orion Smith, Inc./Orion Star Realty, Philippe and Demethra Orion; AEI Engineering, LLC, Nancy Blackwell, Michael Kurzy and John T. Matkin.
- From LSC-Tomball – Family Farm Health Food Store, Cathy Kilgore and Kathy Norris; FINS/Fun IN Swimming, Inc., Bill and Kathy Goudeket; Klein Wealth Management, Lori Klein.
- From LSC-University Park – Register Real Estate Advisors, Shannon and Matt Register; Shredding on the Go, James Parker; Virtual Intelligence Providers LLC, Sonia Clayton.
The 28th annual awards banquet will be held Thursday, Nov. 20, at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center. The title sponsor is BBVA Compass Bank, a leading U.S. banking franchise who has been recognized as one of the nation's leading Small Business Administration (SBA) lenders.
For tickets or more information about the banquet, call the SBDC at 832.813.6674.
The LSC SBDC works with entrepreneurs and existing companies to help them evolve to the next level of business in today's global economy. SBDC services are available for companies in every phase of the business life cycle, helping entrepreneurs make sound decisions and succeed. Click here to learn more about LSC-SBDC.
Lone Star College has been opening doors to a better community for more than 40 years. Founded in 1973, LSC remains steadfast in its commitment to student success and credential completion. Today, with almost 83,000 students in credit classes, and a total enrollment of more than 95,000, Lone Star College is the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area and one of the fastest-growing community colleges in the nation. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., is the chancellor of LSC, which consists of six colleges including LSC-CyFair, LSC-Kingwood, LSC-Montgomery, LSC-North Harris, LSC-Tomball and LSC-University Park, seven centers, LSC-University Center at Montgomery, LSC-University Center at University Park, Lone Star Corporate College, and LSC-Online. To learn more visit LoneStar.edu.