Domino’s DXP (Delivery Expert) is a specially-designed vehicle that has been created exclusively for the recognized world leader in pizza delivery – and now, Domino’s, located at 7036 F.M. 1960 E. in Atascocita, has one!
“We were counting down the days until our DXP arrived,” said Brian Dennis, Atascocita, Kingwood and Northshore area Domino’s franchise owner. “The DXPs show just how passionate Domino’s is about pizza delivery; they were designed with delivery drivers and customers in mind.”
The DXP has a number of special features that allow Domino’s drivers to do their jobs with greater ease and efficiency. They include an innovative built-in warming oven that can accommodate two Heatwave™ bags, a reconfigured interior that holds up to 80 pizzas, as well as special compartments designed to hold side items and sodas.
By the end of this summer, there will be 155 DXPs across 45 markets in the U.S. For more information on the DXP, visit www.dominosdxp.com.
Additional DXP Features and Fun Facts
- The Domino’s-branded illuminated warming oven is easily accessible to drivers – the oven door opens with the touch of a key fob button.
- The DXP’s base vehicle, the Chevrolet Spark, has been reconfigured with all but the driver’s seat removed, allowing the DXP to hold large orders for schools, businesses and special events as well as home delivery.
- The DXP comes equipped with a puddle light projecting the Domino’s logo on the ground. The front fascia displays the Domino’s name, and the side panel displays the reflective graphic of the Domino’s logo.
The DXP’s cartopper is unique and was created specifically for these vehicles only. It has double-light functionality so that the “Out for Delivery” portion of the cartopper can be turned on exclusively when drivers are in route to a delivery.
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety named the Chevrolet Spark a 2015 Top Safety Pick in its minicar segment. With an outstanding combination of the latest safety and technology features, drivers can feel confident with the DXP’s protection in case of an emergency.
- The DXP comes equipped with the OnStar® navigation system. The OnStar navigation system will help drivers stay on course with turn-by-turn directions and connections to 9-1-1 in case of emergency.
- With an EPA estimated 39 MPG highway, the DXP should provide the kind of fuel economy franchisees welcome.
About Domino’s Pizza®
Founded in 1960, Domino’s Pizza is the recognized world leader in pizza delivery, with a significant business in carryout pizza. It ranks among the world’s top public restaurant brands with a global enterprise of more than 12,900 stores in over 80 markets. Domino’s had global retail sales of over $9.9 billion in 2015, with more than $4.8 billion in the U.S. and nearly $5.1 billion internationally. In the second quarter of 2016, Domino’s had global retail sales of over $2.4 billion, with nearly $1.2 billion in the U.S. and over $1.2 billion internationally. Its system is comprised of independent franchise owners who accounted for over 97% of Domino's stores as of the second quarter of 2016. Emphasis on technology innovation helped Domino’s generate over 50% of U.S. sales from digital channels at the end of 2015, and an estimated $4.7 billion annually in global digital sales. Domino’s features an ordering app lineup that covers nearly 95% of the U.S. smartphone market and recently introduced several innovative ordering platforms, including zero-click ordering, Samsung Smart TV®, Apple Watch and Amazon Echo, as well as Twitter and text message using a pizza emoji. In late 2015, Domino’s announced the design and launch of the DXP®, a purpose-built pizza delivery vehicle, as well as its first digital customer loyalty program.
Order – dominos.com
AnyWare Ordering – anyware.dominos.com
Company Info – biz.dominos.com
Twitter – twitter.com/dominos
Facebook – facebook.com/dominos
Instagram – instagram.com/dominos
YouTube – youtube.com/dominos