Kingwood Classic Cruisers club boasts more than 130 members.

Classic car enthusiasts have an identity in the Lake Houston area and enjoy camaraderie while respectfully showing off their vintage wheels.

Kingwood Classic Cruisers is a club where residents of Kingwood, Atascocita and surrounding areas can share their interest and love of vintage automobiles from the past, including motorcycles.

The club was founded by Mike O’Day and was originally organized from a small group of friends with a common interest in vintage cars in the spring of 2009.

“The Kingwood area was in need of a place where individuals with vintage vehicles could meet regularly without having to drive to the inner city of Houston,” said O’Day.

According to O’Day, current members are individuals with an interest in vintage vehicles ranging from a 1905 Cadillac to a 2020 Corvette and anything in between. Some members are retired and some are active in their careers. More than 130 members are brought together by a common interest in vintage vehicles and the friendships that follow.

“The club stages car displays for local businesses that are starting up as well as our group visiting retirement communities in our area,” O’Day said.

O’Day explained that club members also participate in the annual Kingwood Fourth of July Parade with as many as 40 cars leading the parade. “We also display our classic vehicles at local high school and church fundraisers,” he added.

The annual Kingwood Car Show in Kingwood Town Center and the Fourth of July parade are considered the club’s main events.

This year the fall car show was sponsored by Aaron Best of Best Automotive Oct. 10 in Kingwood Town Center with live music, food and drink vendors. A grand prize was awarded for the classic car voted crowd favorite.

O’Day said his interest in vehicles started when he was about 7 years old.

“My father was a Gulf service station independent dealer,” he said. “I started my hobby with classic vehicles in 1961 when I purchased my 1956 Chevrolet Convertible with my own money ($125). My dad believed it best to earn your own money to purchase an item; that way you would have better appreciation of the item and take better care with it. He was definitely right about this.”

KCC meets weekly on Saturday mornings at Whataburger in the H-E-B Center located at the corner of West Lake Houston Parkway and Kingwood Drive from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.

For more detailed information on KCC’s schedule of events and updates, visit the website at kingwoodclassiccruisers.com or send email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Trilla Cook
Author: Trilla CookWebsite: www.trillastravels.comEmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
A correspondent and travel writer for The Tribune for the past 10 years, I also enjoy writing for my blog at  trillastravels.com. I retired from Humble ISD and previously worked for the W.Va. Legislature. Please leave feedback at  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Comments (0)

There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

1. Posting comment as a guest. Sign up or login to your account.
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location